The Book of Secrets is a series of talks with commentaries on the 112 meditation techniques given by Shiva to his consort Devi, alternated with question and answer sessions. There is a technique here, Osho says, for every type of man and woman in the world, from the past, present or future.
Devi (Ma Parvati, Lord Shiva’s consort) asks:
O Shiva, what is your reality?
What is the wonder-filled universe?
What constitutes seed?
Who centers the universal wheel?
What is the life beyond form pervading forms?
How may we enter it fully, above space and time, names and descriptions?
Let my doubts be cleared!
And Lord Shiva replies by way of 112 Meditation Techniques to find the ultimate reality. The techniques are ‘Sutras‘
Osho Talks on the 112 techniques from “Vigyan Bhairav Tantra”
Sutras on Breath
- Radiant One, this experience may dawn between two breaths.After breath comes in (down) and just before turning up (out) – the beneficence. Explanation Listen to Discourse
- As breath turns from down to up, and again as breath curves up to down – through both these turns, realize.
- Or, whenever in-breath and out-breath fuse, at this instant touch the energy-less, energy-filled center.
- Or, when breath is all out (up) and stopped of itself, or all in (down) and stopped -in such universal pause, one’s small self vanishes.This is difficult only for the impure.
- Attention between Eyebrows, let mind be before thought. Let form fill with breath essence to the top of the head and there shower as light.
- When in worldly activities, keep attention between two breaths, and so practicing, in a few days be born anew.
- With intangible breath in center of forehead, as this reaches the heart at the moment of sleep, have direction over dreams and over death itself.
- With utmost devotion, center on the two junctions of breath and know the knower.
- Lie down as dead. Enraged in wrath, stay so. Or stare without moving an eyelash. Or suck something and become the sucking.